Entry Visa (X-Visa) Extension Assistance
The Indian government offers an Entry visa to foreigners who visit India for short term and long term in India. As per the law, the Indian Government provides an X visa to the following individuals.
1. A Person of Indian Origin(foreign citizen (except a national of Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, China, Iran, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, and Nepal) who have held an Indian passport in the past or their parents/grandparents/great-grandparents was born in India and Held Indian Passport.
2. Foreign nation Married to an Indian Citizen and children of an Indian citizen/ an OCI cardholder.
3. Any dependent on foreigners who visit the country for business purposes, student research, medical, or employment.
4. Anyone of Indian origin and holding a Surrender certificate/Renunciation Certificate or a canceled Indian Passport may also apply for an entry visa for themselves.
Apply for Entry Visa (X-Visa) Conversion and Extension Over the FRRO Portal
An Indian Origin/foreign national Married to an Indian Citizen who is traveling on any other Visa is Eligible to Convert their Existing Visa Into an Entry Visa over the FRRO Portal. It usually takes 3 to 5 weeks. On an Entry Visa, Applicant cannot do business and Employment in India.
How to Apply for an Entry Visa in India
1. Visit the FRRO Portal.
2. Register your email and phone number and create your Account.
3. Login to FRRO Portal Select Visa Conversion and fill out the application form.
4. Upload the required Visa Conversion Application documents in PDF format and a passport-size photograph.
5. Submit the application form and wait for further instructions from the FRRO.
6. Check your application status regularly. If you receive an Extra document request, upload the required documents in the reupload section.
7. Visit the Police Station for Police Verification.
8. Make the Payment Over The FRRO Poral.
9. You Will get Your Entry Visa Conversion, Entry Visa registration, and Entry Visa Extension certificate over the Registered email after payment. Once You get That certificate you can continuously stay and travel outside the country.
Government Fee for Entry Visa (X-Visa) in India
FRRO Entry Visa (X-Visa) Conversion, registration, and Extension are granted by the FRRO to an Indian Origin, a foreigner married to an Indian citizen/OCI card Holder. The Indian government fee is around 1,000 INR for Visa Conversion and 8,640 INR for Entry Visa Extension for 1 Year In India.
Documents Checklist for an Entry Visa (X-Visa) in India
How To Get Renunciation/Surrender Certificate In India
Frequently asked Questions
Entry Visa (X-Visa) is a dependent visa for Indian Origin and foreign nations who are married to an Indian citizen in India. Entry Visa holder in India conducts any form of business in India. However, the rule is slightly different in the case of minors or dependent children of Indian origin, as such children are allowed to study till their 12th standard.
- An employment visa can be converted to an Entry Visa if a foreigner has come to India on an Employment visa marries an Indian national during the validity of his/her visa.
- If an Entry Visa holder wants to Work in India then he needs a permit from FRRO.
Indian government fee is around 1,000 INR for a Visa Conversion and 8,640 INR for a Entry Visa Extension for 1 Year In India.