Delay in FRRO Registration and Visa Extension in India

Visa Extension

Understanding the Process of Indian Visa Extension

All Visas have their stay Validity. If any foreign national visiting Indian and stay more than 180 days or beyond the stay validity then they need to Visit the nearest FRRO or Need to File an Online Application for Any one of them for Visa Registration, Visa Extension and Exit Permit over the FRRO Portal with all the required documents like passport, visa residence Proof etc.  Exit Permit is a required document for Overstayed in India, Foreign national Newborn in India, Loss of Passport and Visa in India.

Tourist visa is nonconvertible and extendable in India

Foreigners need to always avoid overstaying India. If You Overstay in India, You Must Pay the Following Penalty for an Exit from India.

Visa Extension

Overstay fines in India depend on the overstay period in India as following.

      • Visa Overstay in India of less than 15 days attracts a fine of around 5,00 INR.

      • A visa overstay In India from 16 days to 30 days fine will be around of 10,000 INR.

      • A visa overstay In India from 31 days to 90 days fine will be around 20,000 INR.

      • Visa overstays In India above 90 days fine will be around of 50,000 INR.

    Register for your Indian Visa with Concern FRRO before your stay Expiry. Please check your Visa Stay permission in India. It depends on your visa validity.

        • Any foreign national visiting India for more than 180 days must get themselves registered with the Concern FRRO within 14 days of arrival in India.

        • Pakistani nationals must get themselves registered with Concern FRRO within 24 hours.

      “Indian Visa Registration is not required if the foreign national will not be staying for 180 consecutive days in India.”

      Delay in Indian Visa Extension

      A Foreigners staying in India and looking for extend your Indian visa, you must do so before its Expiry for at least 30 days. Waiting for the last minute to renew or Extension is not a good Idea. If your Indian visa has expired, and you are still in India, you won’t be allowed to leave the country unless you get an Exit Permit Certificate from the FRRO.  For an exit visa, you also need to pay a penalty in India.

      Make sure that you have all-required documents for Indian Visa Extension before applying for Extension in India.

      To want know about Visa Extension, Registration, and Exit Permit Assistance. Please feel free to Connect with Us.

      Also See:

      Leave a Comment

      Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

      Scroll to Top
      × How can I help you?