Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) is a card given to Persons of Indian Origin and a Person who married an Indian citizen for more than 2 years. There are many benefits to having an OCI card, such as the convenience of travel and immigration to India owning property there and staying for a long time in India.
Who Is the Eligible for An OCI Card?
A foreigner, who was eligible to become a citizen of India on 26.01.1950 or was a citizen of India on or at any time after 26.01.1950 or belonged to a territory that became part of India after 15.08.1947 and his/her children and grandchildren, is eligible for registration as an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI). Minor children of such persons are also suitable for OCI. However, if the applicant had ever been a citizen of Pakistan or Bangladesh, he/she would not be eligible for OCI.
What are the documents required for an OCI card?
Please read the Checklist very carefully to ensure the correct compilation of the documents required for your application.
Copy of applicant Valid passport with Validity of Minimum 6 Months at the time of submission of application.
Copy of Certificate of registration of Citizenship/Naturalization (if surrender Indian citizenship), for the present nationality of the applicant.
Cancelled/ Surrender Indian Passport with surrender Certificate (for those who have surrendered Indian Passport in or after 2010).
Address proof in India: –
Copy of the last 3 Months Electricity bill / Telephone bill In own/ Parents/ Grandparents/Spouse Name.
If the above is in any other relatives Name, we need a undertaking from the relative stating that the foreigners is residing with him/her.
Lease licence in Case of talent.
Copy of Indian Visa [Foreign nationals holding Tourist visa cannot apply for registration as OCI card holder in India] with 3 months validity at the time of submission of application.
Applicant Passport size photograph 51mm X 51mm (with 80% Coverage of face) plain light colour background (not white).
If You are holding a PIO Card In India. Please provide us a copy of the PIO card/Previous Indian Passport/Birth certificate/Surrender Certificate (for Indian Origin).
Copy of applicant Birth certificate for Indian origin (if the birth certificate is solemnised in foreign country. It should be apostle/ Certified by the concerned Indian Mission/ Post.
Copy of applicant Marriage certificate. [Married Indian citizen]: –
- If the marriage certificate solemnised in India, Marriage certificate issued by Marriage Registrar is required.
- if the Marriage Certificate is solemnised in foreign country. It should be apostle/ Certified by the concerned Indian Mission/ Post.
- NOC letter from parents. (if minor)
- Copy of Applicant’s Parents [ for Indian Origin]/ Spouse Passport front- and last-page copy [Marry to India Citizen].
- Applicant Signature (in the case of minors who can’t sign, left hand thumb impression).
- OCI Application fee: – Demand Draft in Favor of. “PAY & ACCOUNTS OFFICER (SECRETARIAT) Ministry of Home Affairs” payable at New Delhi.
- INR 15,000/- New OCI Registration.
- INR 5,500/- OCI Registration (For PIO Card to OCI Card).
- INR 1,400/- OCI Miscellaneous Services.
Important note for all OCI Applicants (Mandatory): Applicants are required to submit the originals along with a set of photocopies of the originals, both sets of documents need to be submitted at the counter. Originals will be returned once the FRRO or Indian High Commission is satisfied with the documents provided. All photocopies need to be self-attested.
How to Apply for an OCI Card?
Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) Card usually takes 2 to 3 months for India Origin and 3 to 4 months for foreigners who are married to an Indian nation/OCI card Holder. Please follow the instructions below.
- Please Visit the OCI Portal. ( https://ociservices.gov.in/)
- Select the Application type (New OCI Registration, OCI Registration of Lost PIO-Card, and OCI Miscellaneous Service).
- Fill out the application for Section A and Section B.
- Upload the Signature and Photo (a Light Background with 80% face).
- Upload the required documents in PDF format.
- Submit the application form and download the application form.
- Email to FRRO and Request for An OCI Submission appointment.
- Prepare The Demand Draft needs to be in Favor of “The Pay and Accounts Officer (Secretariat), Ministry of Home Affairs’ payable at New Delhi.
- Applications can only be submitted with prior appointment.
- Visit the FRRO Office along with the application and original documents.
Once you finish the process, Keep a tracking on OCI Portal. If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch with us. we team FarGoWOrldWide Provides Indian Visa and OCI Card assistance Globally.